About Me

My photo
Music makes me appreciate life. I cannot imagine a life without rain, smiling, love and friends. Every day is beautiful, no matter what happens. As long as the touch of someone's hand, the sight of a rainbow or the smell of a fresh garden makes you want to dance, you're living. Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today. ~*~

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The* DANCE *

The most fun I've had in weeks happened last Friday night.
Normally I would have been slothing around at home eating toast and kicking up my feet in my Paul Frank pyjamas. But, instead I was decked out in an Iron Fist skull skirt ad black Pors-Za shirt at a dance filled with dim lighting, helium balloons and white-painted trees. I think I was tentative about dancing at first, but my best friends Simone, Shannon-lee, Reese and Bryce were all jamming off, so I think I let go a little.
Just a little.
Okay, more than a little.
After dancing to Grease music, the Macarena and various Casper Slide versions, I couldn't breathe in the stuffiness of it all, but I LOVED it.
I think after a few rounds of stolen helium balloons, none of us couldn't take each other seriously with voices like demented mice.
Club mixes, pop songs, hard rock, sloppy love rhythms and twangy country all blended into one another. After feeling that too many brain cells had been lost imitating Hayley Williams' head banging, I sat in the shadows with my friends sucking on great big globes of inflated rubber. Like I said, nothing could be better fun.
After all, I convinced my two rebels to come (Reese and Bryce). So, why not sound like stupid little kids?
We all were.
And...um...some of us still are. (blush)
^^

No comments:

Post a Comment